Thursday, April 5, 2012

Today

I went to Harrison's comics in Medford, Massachusetts, which had supposedly begun having sanctioned Vanguard tournaments. Unfortunately, there didn't end up being a tournament as most of the players there were Yu-Gi-Oh players and according to the manager (I think he's the manager, I actually don't know what his position is), Bushiroad didn't sanction half of the applying stores due to some mess up. This of course, makes me sad as I would like to avoid buying King Seahorses and Skull Dragons, but regardless, that may have to wait. It's unlikely I'll play GranBlue anyways (although I still need to see what's in set 6, as I do have a fondness for them. ^ ^)

Anyways, I played a few games, and started by making a mistake I commonly make, I overextend. In fairness, this was against an opponent who I've beat every other time I've played against him. I swarmed the fields with Grade 1 units and attacked, dealing three damage on my first attack. He was playing Kagero, so this did give him access to counter blasts, but more importantly, I had filled my back row with units I would end up retiring, when the power boost was barely necessary. When I'm not thinking, I tend to overextend. I'm using a Soul Saver/Royal Paladin deck, but I don't always use the Llew combo to get out Blaster Blade. I made a comeback game two by playing as I usually do, not overextending to the point where I am wasting units, and only playing what was necessary. I won that game by a long shot. When you have Alfred, call Barcgal out behind the Vanguard, and use it to get two Flogals on the back in the left and right unless you have a Bors and want a 7000 power unit backing it up. I'm going to Anime Boston for the weekend and am hoping to do a lot of trading/selling/playing. I'll be going as Koutei. ^ ^

No comments:

Post a Comment